Thursday, May 31, 2007

Play Date!

Tuesday night was the much-anticipated sleepover here at our house for Lexi and Kylee. They have been looking forward to this since we kept Alaina ... until Monday, when Kylee started to get cold feet about spending the night. Totally understandable of course, so we decided to go ahead with the playing and eating part, and leave the sleepover part to be decided after dinner.

The girls made "projects" for their mommies for over an hour! It was so funny listening to them talk to each other - two first borns with younger siblings at home - you can imagine the way they were bossing each other back and forth! I totally wish I could have recorded every word they said to each other because it was a riot. When they were done with their projects, they put them into envelopes and labeled them in various ways :).

Next it was pizza making time! I made the crust, and they rolled it out and "decorated" their own pizzas.

Both of them chowed down - besides their pizzas they each had cheetos and chips and chocolate chip cookies (sorry moms ... probably not the healthiest of meals but you'll get over it. :)

After dinner we had planned to go to the park and play, but it started to rain. So instead they curled up in separate recliners, got comfy and watched a video.

Any possibility of them spending the night evaporated with the first roll of thunder ... so at bedtime, they went home, tummies full of junk food and hands full of art work for their beloved mommies.

I'm pretty sure I had at least as much fun as they did - hope we can do it again soon!

3 comments:

Kari F. said...

Angie, you are like my mom in grandmotherhood. You are such a great grandma to my niece and nephew. Christa and J are so lucky to have you 'round the corner.

Anonymous said...

So cute. They will probably remember the good time they had for a long time! I love the thumb and the finger in the mouth routine. They look comfy and cozy though. I know you were excited to have them over. I would love to do that too but my energy level is not high enough. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear their conversation! Much love to you for being such a good grandmother and aunt to those precious girls. I'll bet they'll want to stay over night next time.
Love you,
GG

shannon said...

kylee had a GREAT time. she is still talking about "rolling the pizza." i am so thankful for the opportunity for the girls to get to get to know each other.....and how cool is it that kylee will have such great memories with her great aunt. AWESOME!!!! thank you.