Monday, March 28, 2011

beautiful girl

Flashback:  March 28, 1983, 10:17 a.m.  Christa Marie made her grand entrance, feet first, screaming like a banshee.  I remember so clearly that perfect little beet red face, eyes squeezed shut, mouth wide open.  She crashed into my world and I've never been the same. Even as a toddler she was totally tuned in to other people, devastatingly funny, and always two steps ahead of me.  All these years later, she can read me like a book (whether I want her to or not!), and she makes me laugh more than anyone I know.  She's finally slowed down enough for me to catch up, and I love doing life side by side with her. 


And oh, what a good Mommy she is!  (She would disagree, but she would be wrong.) She loves her kiddos with a fierce, strong, safe love that takes my breath away sometimes.

She often claims to be "attached to my butt," and I would agree with her.  She might think that's a one-sided thing, but again, she would be wrong.  Our relationship is precious and rare, and I never want to forget that or take it for granted.  I love you, sweet girl! 


5 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

like :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely. So lovely.

Kari F. said...

Uh not Lucas, Kari. My boys all have google accounts now too. Although I'm sure he would concur with my comment.

Angie Clayton said...

Ha ha Kari! You had me wondering!

Christa said...

Tears! I love you so much!