Thursday, June 02, 2011

ah, my heart!



My biggest little finally lost a front tooth.  Or I should say, she wrenched that tooth out of her mouth by herself.  She's late losing it - she turned 7 in January - but still.  Still.  As joyful as I was for her and with her, my heart gave a little lurch as I sensed some sort of rite of passage.  I'm not sure my sweet girl can still be called a "little" when she gets "big" teeth.

Sadly, the Tooth Fairy must have had a very busy night because the expected exchange did not take place last night ... here's hoping she shows up tonight or someone will have some explaining to do!

Short post, full heart.  My mind's eye still sees this little one curled up in a tiny (bald) ball clutching her beloved blankie and sucking her thumb.  But time defies my memory and marches on, and on, and on.


2 comments:

Cassie said... said...

That's how Riley did, but he was 8 years and 4 months!

hapi said...

Hi Angie Clayton, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog