Friday, October 14, 2011

just a sliver

I just had to laugh a bit ago.  I will just say that the last week has been tough, and I've done nothing much more than move between my recliner and my bed.  Disclaimer before you read further:  My amazing husband absolutely CANNOT do anything more than take care of me when I feel like I have been, so please please do not think "well why didn't he do those dishes?"  TRUST ME he is and incredible man and goes so far above and beyond for me!

Anyway, today I decided it was going to be mind over migraine for at least a little while.  I went down to my kitchen to put SOMETHING on for dinner.  I pulled out all the fixins for chili and threw it into a pot and gave it a stir.  I rinsed the cans I'd opened and splashed tomatoes, etc, all over the walls, counters and toaster.  I then tried to put them in the recycling bin which was stuffed so I emptied it.  Of course the trash had to come next, but I banged my shin on the recycling bin door that I forgot to shut first.  Then I opened the dishwasher to start unloading it, and found the iced tea pitcher, and thought, oh I should make iced tea!  So I started the tea, and turned around to get the water and fell over the open dishwasher door.  Oops, stir the chili, that was the point of all this right?  Back to the dishes - dishwasher now empty - ooh tea is done brewing so I filled the pitcher and put it into the fridge, well wait I had to rearrange a bit and remove my lunch from MONDAY to make room first.  Back at the sink, hang on, turn around and shut the refrigerator door, near miss on the cabinet door hanging open from putting away the plates, stir the chili, omgosh is that crockpot REALLY still sitting in the sink from the night before last?  Yes, yes it is.  Awesomely gross.  Hey the answering machine light is blinking, when did that come in?  Yesterday.  Oh no, YESTERDAY!  Yesterday was my dad's birthday and even though I remembered I didn't call him, stinkin' crud, good thing we're going out to dinner on Saturday.  Stir the chili.  Shut remaining doors and drawers.  Wipe down the counters.  Collapse back into recliner.
Maybe I'll try the laundry tomorrow.

No comments: