Tuesday, August 10, 2010

useful?

Today's entry in "My Utmost For His Highest" (Oswald Chambers) contains the following:

"God plants his saints in the most useless places.  We say - God intends me to be here, because I am so useful.  Jesus never estimated His life along the line of the greatest use.  God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is."

Whoo-eee.  I read this before heading into my day at work.  My useful day.  Useful for God, since I work at a church.  Right?  I wrote in my journal, "Wow, what a trap for me - thinking that I'm useful to You!  Change my thinking, Lord - let me bloom where you've planted me, not by being useful but by glorifying You."

He answered within a couple of hours.  I was rendered useless.  And I pray that I glorified Him. 

3 comments:

Abigail Rogers said...

I see that you are interested in the Air Force. Perhaps you would enjoy my cousin’s blog:

http://crewchiefblues.blogspot.com/

She can turn the most mundane incidents of daily life into hilarious blog posts! If you want to see the funny side of the American military, look no further.

j.turien said...

hello
i happy if you see my blog.
bye

monclersale said...

Moncler Kids Clothing Navy Blue,70% OFF on monclerjacketsale.com and free shipping to world.