Friday, February 09, 2007

Seen around town ...

I've seen some pretty funny stuff in the last few days ... unfortunately I didn't have my camera for any of them! So I'll try to paint some "word pictures" so you can enjoy them too.

Imagine midget-shaped Mason (little short legs, long stomach-heavy body, big 'ole head) in a MOOD, lumbering around the play place at the mall among all the other neatly dressed and well-behaved children, his blankie stuffed in his mouth and dragging behind him, barefoot (for better traction) with his two big toes painted bright red (my fault - he pitched a fit when I did his sister's), basically whining and pushing smaller children out of his way. Take that nasty blankie away from him, you say? Just try it, is what I say - hysteria, plain and simple, is the result.

Speaking of the mall, whenever we go walking in the morning there is a Zamboni-like machine driven by a large and unhappy-looking man puttering around. I think it's supposed to vacuum the carpet? But he leaves as much in his wake as he vacuums up, so I'm not altogether sure there's any purpose to him riding this thing around, except to take out his aggression on walkers. It goes super slow - we easily pass him at our walking speed - BUT sometimes he will literally cut you off if you go into his path. He hits the accelerator and the thing sounds like an old muscle car without a muffler - loud, growling, smelly, angry noise. So we're careful around him - wonder if he's ever hurt anyone? And WHY are they paying him for that?

Finally, yesterday I was driving next to a man and his dog. What's funny about that? Well, the man was driving a huge F250 truck, tall and mean-looking (I have a theory about men who drive those big trucks, but anyway) ... the guy didn't look mean, but he had on dirty coveralls, a big wad of chew in his mouth, definitely not an unexpected type of man driving this big truck ... but the DOG, if you can even call it that, sitting on his lap looking out the driver's side window pretty as you please, was some sort of 2-lb more-fur-than-body-weight fluffy foo-foo dog! Christa was with me - we laughed so hard!! Really wish I would have had the camera for that one!

No comments: