Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Speechless

I've been reading in Ezekiel for awhile, and up until the end of Chapter 16, God is basically telling Israel of all the destruction that will come upon them for turning their backs on him, worshipping idols, and their lack of "moral" behavior. 

Suddenly, at the end of Chapter 16, he says, "All the same, I'll remember the covenant I made with you when you were young and I'll make a new covenant with you that will last forever ... You'll remember your past life and face the shame of it, but when I make atonement for you, make everything right after all you've done, it will leave you speechless.

Indeed.  This Old Testament, pre-Jesus writing tells of the atonement to come, to right my wrongs, and it truly does leave me speechless.  He is just, and he is jealous, yet he loved me so much he had a perfect plan to solve my problem - he sent Jesus to pay for my sin.  A Savior is born!

Merry Christmas.

No comments: