Wednesday, April 27, 2011

THIS is the day

This is the day ...
  • that I met with a friend for coffee and was blessed beyond measure
  • that I (finally) painted my toenails for spring
  • that I took another big long nap
  • that I wondered if I will ever get back to "myself"
  • that I enjoyed the smell of a yummy new candle all day
  • that I read several chapters of a book I've been meaning to start forever
  • that my husband left me sleeping soundly, then called later to make sure I woke up on time
  • that I read an Oswald Chambers quote: "God never gives us anything accidental."
  • that I ate a pb&j for lunch for the first time in years
  • that I was startled and thankful to remember God's promise in Isaiah 54:10: 
"My unfailing love for you will not be shaken."

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!  Big or little, hard or easy, lazy or busy, THIS is the day.

No comments: