Saturday, April 30, 2011

come play with me!

Good morning!  After twelve straight hours of sleep, I'm on a roll!  House is clean, laundry is done ... the only thing left on my list is to paint my nails.The littles are coming for a sleepover tonight so I should probably consider conserving the rest of my energy.

I had a thought.  I really love doing what I call a "Free Write."  Here's what that looks like.  Something sparks my interest, whether it's something I read, hear, or some random thing that just pops into my head.  I do lots of these in my journaling ... what if we did some on here?  I'm thinking that you all can give me some topics - a word, a sentence, a paragraph - silly, serious, emotional, ridiculous - and I'll see what "pops out" and post it here if it's worth reading.  Of course you will be the ones to judge whether it's worth reading or not ... but it might be fun!

And how about this?  Post your own "free write" (on your own topic or one that is suggested) as a comment here!

No rules - oh wait, just one.  Please post your ideas as a comment here instead of on Facebook - it will be much easier for me to keep track of them that way.  There's several options on how to do that - if you have questions I can help. 

Ugh I just realized that I used the phrase "as a comment here" in two successive paragraphs ... really not ok.  But I'm leaving it, this one time.

5 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

List your five favorite words and why they're your five favorite words. :)

Little Wren said...

I just found your blog quite by accident and I'm finding that I really enjoy it. Thanks for your great entries. :)

Angie Clayton said...

Working on it, Kooky ... only 5?? Welcome Little Wren - thanks!

Brooke A Carpenter said...

Hello Angie! How fun is this blog thank you!
Here is a topic/thought from my blog http://www.walkingthepathinhighheelshoes.org/

The challenge in this lifetime is not the pursuit of an absolute perfection; it is the realization that everything is perfect as it is, in this moment and in all of the moments that lead you here.


Sincerely,
Brooke

Angie Clayton said...

Hi Brooke! I'm "mulling" ... will post for you soon.