Sunday, May 01, 2011

five favorites

Hi Kooky,

Tiny's never-ending soliloquy is a melliflous backdrop to the cacophony of the tv, the ubiquitous presence of two unhappy felines and of course, Excruciatingly Loud Middle Little & Bossy Big Little.  

Wudge!

The first four are my current favorites just because I like the way they sound.  I get a kick out of trying to work them into regular conversation.

The last one, wudge, may disqualify me because it's not technically a word, but it's my all-time favorite.  When Lexi was just starting to talk, "I love you" was one syllable for the longest time - "wudge."  It has endured in our family despite the fact that she has no longer knows what it means (which makes me a little sad, to tell you the truth).

So I'll add another, just to be sure:  REALLY?!  Note that this one must be bolded, capitalized, and followed by both a question mark and an exclamation point ... it is an all-purpose word that can mean:  "Are you kidding me??" or "Are you SURE?" and generally infers sarcasm (one of my specialties), rolled up nicely into two syllables.

Frankly, you could ask me this question every week and get a different answer - I LOVE WORDS!  Probably not an accident that "word" rhymes with "nerd."

Happy Sunday!  Who's next?

1 comment:

Hi Kooky said...

Lovely words! "Wudge" is brilliant. Thanks!