Wednesday, April 30, 2014

dog meets 50

Get a dog, they said! It'll be fun, they said.


Seriously. Isn't that the cutest face you've ever seen?


Seriously. My reading glasses she chews up? I do have a love/hate relationship with those things, though, so maybe she picked up on it?

But that logic doesn't hold up for this:



Or this:



(Both of those last two pictures are [WERE] cat toys.)

Speaking of cats, there's no love lost between these two:


And while this might look like a truce, it is uneasy at best.



Get a puppy, they said. It'll be fun, they said! I think I'm too old for this. Seriously. Did I mention I turned 50 last week?!

But then she looks like this:




And I think I'm in love. I'm sure of it.

And even as I type this (still annoyed about the reading glasses, by the way), I'm struck by the reminder that we break stuff, make messes, aggravate other people, chase after things best left alone ... and God loves us. Period. He doesn't even need for us to be sweetly sleeping to remember that He does. Love us. Fiercely.

And I am grateful, thankful, humbled.

(P.S. - just for fun:)

No comments: