Monday, August 21, 2006

Brandon Wins the Marathon!!

Well, not really, but it sounds good, huh? He ran a half marathon yesterday, with, according to him, not much training, in 2 hours and 3 minutes, and came in 2,438 place!! Woo hoo!! He even got a medal!! I think he said there were 6000 runners, so that all sounds pretty good to me. :) Here's his summary of how he feels today: "Knees = not bad, left one is a little sore, they were both pretty bad yesterday, but better today. Other than that, just a few blisters and a little soreness. Not bad for the minimal amount of training I did =)"

He said he may get a picture e-mailed of him running the course, and will send it on to me to post if it happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to BJ! I think anyone that can give it their all, running or walking for 123 minutes deserves a medal! That makes my knees hurt to even think about it. I wonder if he said to himself towards the end of his run, "What was I thinking?" Is a marathon 25 or 26 miles long? Was he running for anything special like Breast Cancer or just for the experience?
Keep it up BJ. I'm really proud of you.
Love,
Grama

Angie Clayton said...

A whole marathon is 26 miles - he did a half marathon and it was 13.1 miles. I don't know if there was a "theme" - I'll have to ask him!!