Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mason the Magician

We're home from a wonderful trip to Green Valley, Arizona. We stayed with Linda and Bill in a condo they've rented for the month of March, and B.J. and Darah joined us there since he was on spring break last week. I will say that there is nothing "green" about Green Valley ... I have pictures to prove it but this video HAD to be my first post.



Takes a little coaxing, and he has to be positioned EXACTLY right in that back corner to pull this off ... love the little "running Mason" dance at the beginning too ... and don't you love how he hangs there suspended until he gets his balance/bearings well enough to drop his short self to the floor?! Life just got a little more complicated at the Kuchta household! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Now what? Can he open his bedroom door by himself? If he can, I suggest you (Christa and J) start sleeping sitting up from now on! No telling what kind of mischief he and Lexi can get into! Wow! Your days are numbered for sure!!!!
Love you,

shannon said...

that was hilarious....

Emily said...

Oh, Christa and J, now you may have to resort to what mom did with J...tying his bedroom door shut with a rope. really! i remember it perfectly. She would tie his bedroom knob (outside the room) to another knob across the hall. I remember mom being in tears, on the phone with dad, because J would not stay in his room at bedtime. He was the Super-Master-Champion escaper, so watch out with Mason. :-) Maybe he got the same gene! J would not only leave his room at night, but given a chance, he'd unlock the front door, deck door, etc and head out of doors to play. Why not!! That started when he was not even 2. I'm sure you've heard all about these escapades, but whoa, that was a constant challenge for mom. Now that I've sufficienly freaked you out, that was a great video.

Anonymous said...

A minor detail to be sure, it was not a rope. Rather the blue tie of my robe. Thank you Emily for doing the long explaination. Not only would he get out of bed, remove the Tommy Tippy doorknob, but truly he woud stack things on a chair by the dining room sliding glass door and pull out the pin at the top. I finally realized that he watched everything we did and stored the info for later use. He really did know how to get out every door of the house. I was hoping it was just the playpen that Mason would get out of. After the kids got back from Lincoln how long before he got out of the crib? Naptime? Oh how I love the pictures and videos Angie, thanks gain. Love to all.

Angie Clayton said...

I'm pretty sure it was the next time he got put in his crib that he figured this out. :) The good news is that since this video, he has come to understand that he can only get out AFTER he sleeps and so far has not tried it INSTEAD of sleeping ... wonder how long that will last now that I've heard these wonderful stories about his daddy!!! I love it - thanks for sharing!