Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So much going on!!!!

Wow I have tons of stuff to write about, lots of great pictures, a sweet video ... and no time! My life is crazy right now! The best thing about this week is that Greg and I are getting to take care of my great-niece, Alaina ("Lainey"), while the rest of her family is in Hawaii! Thanks, Shannon and Alan!! We are loving every minute with her.
She's 14 months old, cute as can be, and getting spoiled rotten by the two of us! She can also stick her bottom lip out like no baby I've ever seen -
but isn't that the most darling thing you've ever seen?

We went to Christa's today and I think Lexi and Mason (mostly Mason) flat wore her out - I've got a few cute pictures on the camera that I'll try to post tomorrow.

I had a birthday last Saturday - I was literally so busy the week before I kept forgetting I had a birthday, and thought it would pass by virtually unnoticed (which would have been fine), but instead a group of women from my church blessed my socks off (ha ha keep reading) during our monthly "Kitchen Windows" meeting. We've been meeting since last fall, exchanging first kitchen tips, recipes, etc., and now have branched out into general household organization, how to keep your kids busy, etc. - we just love each other and love meeting together! :) Anyway, our "regularly scheduled" meeting was Saturday, my birthday, at my house, and unbeknownst to me they had been madly e-mailing each other about how to celebrate.
Rachel made me this beautiful cake - it was so good!

And they showered me with their cast-offs - white elephant gifts the likes of which you've never seen before!


The troll definitely freaks me out. The doll is "Angela" of the SPAWN line ... don't ask me. She's scary too.

After the gift exchange, these amazing women did the most amazing thing - they one at a time used the blue pitcher and wash bowl in the picture above and washed my feet, each thanking me for something. It was one of the most incredible things that's ever happened in my life -- like Jesus was ministering to me himself through these beautiful women. I have pictures of this too, but after looking at them again I decided to let you imagine it instead and keep them to myself. A birthday I won't soon forget!

Well I'm tired. I'll write more soon ... this is like a week's worth of posts all at once!

1 comment:

shannon said...

you're away for just a few days and already it looks as though lainey has changed so much. that lip......oh my does she ever look like her daddy. and her hair, where did that come from?

i am so grateful to have such a wonderful aunt and uncle who will love on our little baby while we are gone. thank you a million times over. or should i say "mahalo!" aloha from maui. we are having a great time, just missing our little baby.