Friday, August 17, 2007

What's the fine for blog neglect??

I confess, I've been a TERRIBLE blogger this summer!! No excuse, so I'll just take the plea bargain I guess.

It is so stinkin' hot here. Well over 90, into the 100's, with heat indexes out of control ... makes me lethargic and cranky. I'm ready for a cold front, for sure!!

I've been training with J.R. 2-3 days a week for a month now - can't tell by the scale, in fact I put it away because it was seriously ticking me off - but I have tons more energy, my back feels incredibly better, and I've noticed a number of ways my strength has improved. Last night I was rubbing a knot out of Greg's neck, something I've always been quite wimpy about apparently, and he exclaimed, "Go girl! Where have you been all my life!" So I much be gaining strength somewhere. My fingers weren't necessarily where I was hoping to notice it first but I'll take what I can get. :) Seriously, he is doing an amazing job and even though it's really hard I look forward to going every time. He's got the perfect personality and skill set for this and I am so happy to get to watch him get his feet under him so quickly as I sweat sweat sweat!

Christa is still pregnant. That might sound like a "no duh", but we've had an interesting week! She had contractions for 36 hours straight Wednesday and Thursday, 5 minutes apart for more than 24 hours. Despite walking for hours, cleaning two houses, doing dozens of wall squats (and oh yeah, a pedicure in there somewhere too) with Brenda and I, she is definitely still pregnant. The contractions stopped sometime during last night, and now we are back to normal life and waiting for next Wednesday, when she will be induced as scheduled all along. Leave it to Christa to make things exciting, right?

I'm sure I've taken dozens of pictures of the kids in the last couple of months ... I promise to dig through them and post some soon! And of course pictures of the new baby just as soon as I can!!

No comments: