Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Post from Alex

My nine year old nephew Alex is visiting today and tomorrow, and he took the pictures and wrote the blog entry that follows - in other words, he has my permission to take over my blog today!!

From Alex:

A SIZE TOO BIG


This hapened when me,Lexi and Mason were at the house. I took my shoe's off downstairs and next thing you know there's Mason with my shoe's on! That same day Lexi got in trouble but it took 20 minutes to do her 3 minute timeout! When her daddy came he asked her "what did you do today?" and she said "I worked really,really hard on listening......but I didn't."





THE JAGUAR FLIP


A couple of weeks ago we were at the play place at the Mall. Lexi suddenly jumped off the top of one of the play structures, a waterfall, and landed on her hands and knees. She immediately screamed, and it was not your ordinary scream, something seemed really wrong. She ran over to her mom and climbed up on (what's left of) her lap, and cried and cried. As she was sobbing, she said, "I ... was ... just ... trying ... to ... do ... a .... jaguar flip!!"

We took her to the urgent care, and the doctor asked her what happened. She said, matter of factly, "I jumped off the pwetend waterfall and tried to do a jaguar fwip!!" The good news was that it wasn't broken, just sprained. A few days later Aunt Angie asked her "What is a jaguar flip anyway?" Her answer -- "I don't KNOW!"

No comments: