Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Day at the Petting Zoo

A few weeks ago my sister-in-law Julie and I took our grandsons, Fletcher and Mason, to the Deanna Rose Farm petting zoo. It was a blast, just long enough (short enough?) that by the time we, Julie and I, had had enough we were done. :) Then we took them to lunch and watched them eat like teenage boys! Shades of years to come ...


Mason was a little freaked out by feeding the goats at first - "Why do they keep wickin' my hand" - giggle giggle. Fletcher seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.



Both boys went on a pony ride - once again, Fletcher went around the ring without a hitch ... Mason's "leader" had to stop half-way to explain to him that he couldn't get off yet. :)



The event of the day happened while we were feeding the ducks from the bridge - Fletcher leaned over too far and his Scooby Doo hat fell in the water - I squatted down and tried to reach it, dangerous thing for someone like me - and couldn't reach it. I noticed a man and his children with fishing poles down the way, and scooted over to ask him if we could borrow the pole for a minute - he came over himself and fished the hat out of the (green nasty) pond. Behind me I heard someone (his wife?) say, " I guess a fireman's work is never done!"

All in all, it was a VERY fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! Every time Mason is wearing a striped shirt, he looks so J to me. Thanks for sharing the day. Aunty Em

Anonymous said...

We had a great time too. Fletcher talks about Mason all the time. We can't wait to get together again!