Friday, June 27, 2008

Lexi in real life

Lexi doing two of her favorite things when she's at our house ... art, art and more art ...


... and watering all the plants, whether they need it or not.




I love these sweet one on one times with her so much ... when she tells me ten times in an hour that she loves me and that I'm the "best Nini ever" ... knowing full well that I need to store it all up somewhere safe because the day will come all too soon when she won't be "in love" with me anymore! Where have the days gone? Seems like a minute ago that she was sleeping on my chest, jumping circles in the johnny jump up in my kitchen, army crawling (forEVER!), unsteady first steps taken in Wisconsin, hours and hours of reading the same books over and over, baths and baby lotion and precious minutes snuggling before sleep, thumb in her mouth and blankie firmly in hand ... love doesn't get any deeper than this. Has anyone heard the song "Cinderella"? Every time I hear it I think of her and the tears flow ... not in a melancholy way, really, just in the knowing how time marches on and wishing that, just for a minute, I could freeze her in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lexi is growing taller and more beautiful each time I see her. I know what you are talking about....those one on one times with your grandkids. I have heard that song Cinderella and it is so special because not long after Steven Curtis Chapman wrote it (the song is based on his time with his three adopted Chinese children) Maria ( I think who just turned 4) was tragically killed. You can go to his website and see the video of Cinderella.Pop and I are always saying about our own kids and grandchildren, wouldn't you just love to have them back to when they were little? Wow what memories! Love you,
GG