Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm B-A-A-A-A-C-K!!

Whew, got my cast off today, and can type with both hands again. That may have been the most annoying thing about the whole three weeks! I got pretty darn good at hunting and pecking, although my punctuation, etc., definitely suffered. I'm still pretty sore, but just that kind of "I haven't moved my arm in three weeks" kind of sore. I'll start physical therapy again soon, and then go back to the orthopedic surgeon to reevaluate in four weeks. BUT for today I'm a happy camper!!

Hmmm, news. Brandon has moved from the Philippines on to China as of Saturday. We think he is in Beijing, although he wasn't positive that's where he was going. We got to talk to him on Skype (camera and microphone on both our computers) right before he went to China, which was awesome. He looked and sounded great. He's "blacked out" the whole time he's in China so we won't hear anything from him again until around Thanksgiving.

Charlene and I are getting the opportunity to do our marriage retreat again, this time in Warsaw, MO, on the 14th and 15th of November. We're fine-tuning and are excited about some of the stuff God has given us. Prayers for us as we prepare and for the women attending are coveted!

Kids, Kids, Kids ... what can I say. They're wonderful, hilarious, adorable, and I love the heck out of them. :)



4 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful babies! Welcome back my sister! I am so happy for you that you have that awful cast off.

Kari F. said...

Glad to have you back blogging! Your grandchildren are soooo beautiful. Makes my heart ache I miss them. They are such a fun addition when they are in Lincoln. You are so lucky! You get to see them all the time.

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pictures. I don't have the girls today so I have had some time to browse the blogs and Yeah! You're back. I'm sure glad you are rid of your cast. Do you feel like you have a lot of freedom now?
You know you are covered with prayer from this sister. The both of you have a lot of good things to share. I know God has a lot of someones that will be blessed and encouraged to fight the good fight and to do the right things to keep their marriage commitments to their spouse. May God bring great glory to Himself through you and Charlene.You know how much Pop and I love 2Cor.1:3-7. May you bear much fruit during this seminar!
I love you!
Mom(Pat)

Sheila said...

Now how cute are those three? So glad to see pictures. Thanks and much love, Sheila
P.S.Glad that cast is off. That has added up to too many weeks in a cast.