Tuesday, August 23, 2011

four


My littlest little turned four yesterday.  She is a 40-ish pound combo of princess, sweetness, third-child-loudness, excellent negotiation skills, quick wit, and sassiness.  Lots of sassiness.  She can do everything by herself (of course).  But she also still fits perfectly on my lap for a snuggle - rocking a warm and lovely bundle right after she wakes up is as good as it gets for me.

She lets her wishes be known, and walks with what I can only describe as a "swagger" - I know, how is that possible in a four-year-old princess, but I'm not kidding you, she pulls it off.  It's a cross between fearless confidence and, well, sassiness. 

We've never had a girly-girl in the family before, so we are all learning as we go ... that you can never have too many Barbies, that a bath is not complete without bubbles, that her nails need to be painted ALL the time, that a huge dollhouse can consume her for hours, and that some combination of tiaras and tutus and high heels are a regular part of her ensemble on any given day.

Happy Birthday, my funny, sweet, sassy girl!

1 comment:

LaBalamuc said...

like :D