Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dave's Lanes

This is a picture I took of Linda this weekend - pretty good one I thought! What does that have to do with "Dave's Lanes", you ask?


Well, Dave's Lanes is the name of the bowling alley where she bowls on a Monday night women's league in smalltown Wisconsin. I had the pleasure of accompanying her Monday night, and was SO reminded of what small towns are made of!! This place is a bar with 8 (or 10?) bowling lanes ... Linda bought a new ball at the beginning of the season and it literally has HUGE chunks cut out of it in a number of places from the fine-tuned machinery at Dave's Lanes.


I will say that Dave is a nice guy, though, as he handed out freebies like the ice scraper below (I didn't REALLY steal it - did you think I did?). The best one in the box was a mini-fly-swatter-keychain. I really should have gotten one of those but unfortunately it wasn't "mini" enough to fit either in my pocket or my purse WITHOUT keys!


I have some stories I could tell about foul language, 1980's hairdos, strong drinks, and one of the worst wedgies I've ever seen. It was hard to decide what to choose, but I'll leave those and instead opt for my favorite visual of the night:

No comments: