Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's 4:30 a.m. ...

... and I am as wide awake as Mason looks in this picture! I wish I was sleeping but since I fell asleep in the chair at about 8:00 last night it's not surprising that I'm sitting here in front of the computer instead!

A couple of points of interest - note that I have added "Pipsqueak Photography" as a blog link on the left - this is my niece Shannon's new business. Check out her site, and ask me or Christa to see the pictures she took of Lexi and Mason - she's amazing!! Also, be sure to take a look at B.J.'s blog - he has some news about school that many of you have been praying about I'm sure!

I had the blessing of going to help a new friend get ready for a dinner party yesterday afternoon - there's nothing better than working side by side with someone to get to know them better. Today Christa and Brenda and I are going to make Turkey Pot Pie for our respective family dinners - without a doubt that will be a blast! We've started cooking together recently, and I learn something new every time. Of course there's the added bonus of sweet babies underfoot, warm and yummy smells surrounding us, some good music on the cd player, and ALWAYS hilarious conversation!

Brenda and I have each started a "read through the Bible" - we do our devotional time separately but we are reading the same thing, then we go walk together at the Mall and talk about what we read, what it means for us, how much God is teaching us, how amazing He is, etc. etc.! I am feeling better physically and more alive spiritually than I have in a very long time - my days are filled with praise and joy, unrelated to circumstances. I am so thankful for this, as many of you know this is the time of year I generally struggle with depression.

And Christmas is just around the corner! Although it's been harder to get in the Christmas "spirit" this year, since we are truly empty nesters and neither of our kids will be home until the day after Christmas, I have been utterly struck once again with the idea of Jesus laying aside His "God-ness" in heaven to become not just a man, but an infant, helpless, human, and subject to all that we experience in our lives and so much more ... His purpose in laying that aside was so that He could save us! The first section of Philippians 2 talks about this - right after Paul tells us to put the interests of others ahead of ourselves. Sometimes I think I'm doing ok with this ... until I read the next section and get reminded of what Jesus gave up, in heaven and on earth, to put my interests (and yours) ahead of His.

Well, that's my brain dump for this morning. :) I'll leave you with some of pictures of the kiddos busy concentrating ... I love Mason's little tongue sticking out in the second one!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your entry today. It was good and thought provoking. You touched on many subjects. I give Shannon a high recommendation on her ability to capture the most delightful and sobering pictures of children that I've ever seen. I'm so glad she is doing this for her business because she is just plain excellent in her profession. And she has a lot of patience and doesn't try to force a "pose". If you want some wonderful pictures to live on, that you will be proud of, Shannon is the one to see!
Angie, you have taken some great pictures of Mason and Lexi. I know that Mason got that piece of the puzzle figured out because he is holding his tongue just right. (see upper right picture)
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. It is similar to what was going through my mind today. I want to do something (expensive and frivolous) and I'm making my plans and I'm not praying about it because I don't want the answer to be no. Then I thought about how selfless Jesus was in everything he did and focused only on God's will. No hesitation in praying and no balking at the answer...
quite an eye-opener for a selfish soul.
I'm glad you're doing so great. I check in on you frequently and love your posts and pictures. We miss you much at CUM.

Angie Clayton said...

Hey Sandy - thanks for posting!! I miss you - call me!