Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tasks or People? People or Tasks?

I've had a mixed up week, not in a bad way, just in that I have been pretty evenly divided between spending my time with people and spending it working at "tasks."  I used to be almost exclusively task oriented - give me a job to do, and I'll "git 'er done"!  But I think that was to the exclusion of relationships.  I've always heard that we all have a tendency toward one or the other, and I would have always said I was bent toward tasks.  The more I look back over the past year or so, especially the last six months, I am thinking that has changed, and for the good.  Of course I'm still all about details and task completion (HEL-LO!) but I am spending more and more time talking, listening, sometimes counseling, but generally just building relationships with other women. And I've found that I love love love getting real with each other - none of this fake surface-level relating for me, let's get down to what matters, right?  I think God is balancing my scales, in this arena at least, and it feels good!

No comments: