Monday, February 22, 2010

Paybacks and gravy

Join me in a tour of my home after 3/4 of a day with the kids ...


And guess what?!  They're still here, so I could improve on this if I really wanted to!  The good news is that, like it or not, they WILL clean it all up before they go home!

After lunch today Lexi asked if they could do a "food experiment."  I started to say no, just because ... well, just because that was my first reaction, I guess.  But I thought, what the heck, the worst that can happen is a mess, so we went for it.  They asked for water, flour, salt, pepper and garlic salt.  Well, once they mixed up the sloppy mess it dawned on me that they basically had the ingredients for white gravy ... so we cooked it up.


For dipping, Mason chose toast and Lexi chose barbecue potato chips.  Mind you, they used a LOT (and I do mean a lot) of garlic salt, so it was entirely disgusting, but they manned up and ate quite a bit of it, proclaiming that it was "better than Grama's"!  Whatever that means ... Mom, if that's true, you might want to work on your gravy! 

Oh and yes, of course it was a disastrous mess.  I spared you the pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna come play at your house!!!!
GG/Grama Pat

Hi Kooky said...

I know just the messes you're talking about. :)

Sheila said...

Wished I had the pictures of some of the rooms in my house after the big group was here on Sat. We could've compared. I remember the days when that was my house every day. But today, with grandkids I can't complain as everyone rounds the kids up and they make a big sweep of the house. After they're gone it's as quiet and neat as it was loud and noisy only moments before. Love those bowls of gravy!!

Angie Clayton said...

Sheila I bet this is no comparison with your brood! It feels like The Cat in the Hat ... madness and chaos and messy and then ... suddenly ... clean and quiet once again. Well not CLEAN, really, but picked up. :)