Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weighing in

So we weighed our giNORmous cat today, and he weighs 15 pounds.  That's like two babies!! A friend suggested after seeing his picture on Facebook that he might be a Maine Coon - and oh boy after googling the creature I'm pretty sure she's right!  They are referred to as "gentle giants" ... and although he is very even-tempered for a cat, he is not very gentle when he head-butts me for attention, or launches himself from the floor to the armrest to the top of my recliner, usually pushing me backwards what feels like two feet.

We got to go to the KU/Colorado game today - it was marvelous to be back in Allen Fieldhouse.  It's been years since we've been, and so much has changed, but the electrically-charged atmosphere is just the same.  It's an all-sensory experience, for sure ... right down to the older lady who insisted on sharing my seat with me.  (We were on benches, and she just couldn't get the hang of sitting ON her number, but rather sat between hers and mine.  We were almost married by the end of the game.)

Christa and J went to Lincoln to see family this weekend, and asked us to look after their super-cute beagle/something dog Bentley.  So we went over last night to feed him and let him out, and got a little ornery.  We rearranged some things in the kitchen, changed all the clocks by six hours, switched all the stuff on the tops of their vanities (J's stuff on Christa's and vice versa), put Callie's potty training chair on their toilet, and last and best, we short-sheeted their bed.  So far she's found everything except the bed ... as I type I'm expecting an indignant call any moment.  Very amusing, I must say ... and good for the budget, as it was definitely free entertainment.

Lexi apparently said to Christa, "UGH!  Why did your parents do this??"  Which TOTALLY makes me laugh because this is the child that rearranges entire rooms every time she visits.

Mason is honing his handyman skills by removing the screws from the kiddie chairs during "naptime" at preschool - he's done it twice now, and hides them under his blanket.  LOL!  The second time Brenda (my friend and his teacher) told him to put them back and he just grinned that Mason grin and said, "But I don't know how!"  To which she replied, "That's not my problem!  You better figure it out!"  Apparently he did, at least to some degree.  Greg and I figure he's going to take over House Calls some day!

3 comments:

Kari F. said...

First off, I really hope Mason got the handy gene. I don't know what I'd do without my hubby. Things would never get fixed, or else I would have been forced to figure things out to do them myself. Secondly, that is HILARIOUS what you did to their house! So fun! Torture is so fun, I don't know why people don't do this to their loved ones more often. I love doing things like that to my kids. Its the best medicine for a dull day or bad mood!

Sheila said...

Oh Angie, that sounds like fun!! I wished I could've been a mouse watching as they discovered each . Was a great time. And a mad house. I'm sure they just collapsed when they hit home. Felt for them, that horrible trip in. Glad I didn't know at the time. I'd have been scared to death.

Angie Clayton said...

You guys know what's REALLY funny? They didn't discover we'd short-sheeted their bed until the NEXT MORNING!!!!!! I'm still laughing!