Saturday, November 14, 2009

My favorite things

Lexi is going to Lincoln with her daddy today, just the two of them, to visit his family.  She is super excited about seeing her cousins - she told me yesterday has "lots of them, I think 24!" and frankly she may be right.  Kuchtas, anyone have an exact count?

So Christa goes upstairs to start packing Lexi's overnight bag, and finds that Lexi already has a head start.  She is forever bringing her "very special things" over here with her, to remind her of home, she says.  (We are a whole block away after all ....)  So I was not surprised to hear that her bag was already packed with:

1) An 8x10 picture frame, one of those name and birthday things that tells what her name means and all the stuff that was going on in the world the day she was born ...
2) Her prayer rock
3) A two dollar bill
4) Four pennies
5) A 3 foot-square poster that has to go back to school on Monday
6) Two "guys" - her favorite stuffed animals.




A fine collection of necessary items for any trip, don't you think?

1 comment:

Hi Kooky said...

So sweet! I love it. I love to see what kids deem valuable. Such a picture into their hearts.