Saturday, January 30, 2010

How 'bout this chick?



Since we're talking "vintage" toys ... anyone else have this gal in their doll arsenal?  Being blessed with brothers instead of sisters, I spent more time playing Jane to their Johnny West than I ever did with Barbies.  Wish I still had this old girl ... the "boxed set" is selling on e-bay for $95.00!!

And if we're being honest, I probably didn't "play" with her any more than I had to - only when pressured beyond sanity by my brothers - I would always have preferred to be reading. What a dork!

My brother Chris and I were just talking about Johnny and Jane the other day - he and Mike recently found their Johnny West guys, but alas, Jane was absent, and all of Johnny's joints had dissolved so that when they tried to move the arms or legs they just fell off.  Very sad.

2 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

YES OHMIGOSH I HAD HER! AND JOHNNY! AND THEIR HORSES! My mom disallowed Barbies for my sister and I, so this was the closest thing. I think I received these dolls about the same time I received a record player and a Sons of the Pioneers album. I swear my parents wanted boys.

Angie Clayton said...

I think we had the same toybox ...