Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Prelude to Vacation

A taste of my day, just a little tiny morsel:

My headband gave me a headache, but not until I was already at work and couldn't change my mind +

the poor sweet MOPS baby that screamed for nearly an hour straight just outside my office this morning +

I let the tyranny of the urgent rule the day +

I hit my wall for the WHOLE WORK WEEK at 2:00 on Tuesday!

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, YAY, I'm on vacation for a week!!!  Brandon and Shiloh are coming home Thursday and will stay through Tuesday.  My office lights are out, my door is shut, I'm home in my pajamas and my recliner, my e-mail and voice mail will inform any and all of where to turn just in case, and I can turn away for awhile, and get properly excited about seeing my son!

In reflecting on "thanksgiving" this week, I found myself lured back to Psalm 95:1-7 over and over:



1 O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD,
Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.

2 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving,
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

3 For the LORD is a great God
And a great King above all gods,

4 In whose hand are the depths of the earth,
The peaks of the mountains are His also.

5 The sea is His, for it was He who made it,
And His hands formed the dry land.

6 Come, let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.

7 For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand .

Verses 1, 2 and 6 instruct us on how to be thankful - shouting, singing with joy, worship, bowing down, and kneeling - and verses 3-5 and 7 tell us WHY we should be thankful - He is our God, everything was made by His hand, and we are His people.  

Seems I forgot this for a few hours - oh I felt like shouting all right, but not with joy!  But I return to joy tonight, and remember all that I have to be thankful for, and to Whom my thanks should be directed.  My grocery list, dirty house, a desperate aversion to all things related to Black Friday, and the prospect of eating too much fade away as I turn my mind toward worship.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: