Monday, November 08, 2010

What's in your cupboard?

I poured my coffee this morning, and the first sip resulted in irritation.  I had the chipped cup.  The one that usually stays in the back of the cupboard, but every now and then rotates itself to the front (usually when my dishwasher is full).  I kept moving through my morning routine, but every time I lifted that cup to my lips I felt a flash of annoyance.  As I was about to pour my second cup, it suddenly dawned on me:  I COULD get rid of this cup!  I have probably 20 perfectly good, unchipped, coffee cups, and yet I keep hanging on to this one even though it irritates me every time I use it.



And then I wondered, how many "chipped cups" am I hanging on to within myself?  Things that might be technically functional, but are not the best I have to give, and in fact are blocking the way to the perfectly good cups?  Time to clean out some cupboards!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if it was up to me, I'd say keep the cup as a reminder of the lesson you just taught yourself. LOL! Then again, clearing out stuff was never my strength!

Unknown said...

I just love how you write my friend! So gifted you are! :)

Amy