Friday, July 07, 2006

Lazy days

Nothing much going on here ... I've had a couple of very quiet days as I prepare physically, mentally and spiritually to leave Sunday go to Camp CUMCITO, a camp in the Ozarks for homeless and inner city kids. I'll be the manager of Tot Lot next week, which is a camp for up to forty 4 to 6 year olds, and will get to work alongside my good friend Cindy, who will be the director. We always have an awesome time, and it is NEVER an easy week when we're together! So many of these kids come from completely impoverished environments that it can be very draining and heartbreaking at the same time, as well as exciting and wonderful.

No new pictures since the 4th, if I get some today I'll post them before I leave for camp.

Busy day today - Bible study with the girls, then errands. Gotta get some groceries so Greg can eat while I'm gone!!

So yesterday I was in the middle of a conversation with Christa, when she says calmly, "Hang on a minute, Mom. LEXI, DO NOT LICK YOUR PLATE!! Do NOT lick your PLATE!! Ok I'm back." She was finished eating her "awful" (waffle) and was going for the last dregs of syrup on her plate, the easiest way she could! (She had already tried and failed to scoop it up with her fork, can't blame a girl for trying!)

No comments: