Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Day at the Races


Yesterday we went to Heartland Park in Topeka to the NHRA Drag Races. Christa and my brother Mike came along, and we had a fantastic day! Here are a few pictures of the cars running at night (cool to see the "fire" coming out of them) and one picture of a very large tire!


These particular photos were actually taken at the end of the day, when Christa and I realized that we had been so busy "people watching" and taking pictures of scooters and tattoos (see posts below), that we didn't actually take any pictures of the cars! So we handed the camera to Greg for a few minutes to get these shots.


It was super hot - 90+ degrees - most of the day, and we have some very interesting sunburns - we would add sunblock to the areas most likely to be burned as the day went on, and we all have various handprints and other pretty white designs in the middle of our sunburns.


We got home about 11:30 or so, wiped out!! We slept in this morning and I've been a deadhead all day. Too much excitement I guess. Which leads to the next three posts below - three themed collages of the sights of the day. Trust me when I say we spared you a lot - the passed out drunks, the dozens (maybe hundreds) of wedgies, and lots of people (men and women both!) with not NEARLY enough clothes on! EEEWWW.

I think if you click on the pictures in the collages it will take you to a website where you can see them enlarged, but I'm not sure - I'm so new at this stuff! It works on my computer - let me know if it does on yours! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»