Monday, September 25, 2006

Turbo move

I had the most amazing help moving last weekend and the whole week before!


From left - Julie (my high school friend from Nebraska - came down Tuesday and stayed until Saturday!), me (duh), Christa (don't we look like Thing 1 and Thing 2?) and Brenda (she helped every day, all day, all week).


This is my friend Kim, who helped Tuesday ... she was especially helpful in removing Mike and Joan's big, new, BORROWED truck from the tree it was wedged against ... ouch. Thankfully Mike and Joan love us more than stuff and weren't even upset - still waiting to hear about the outcome of getting it fixed.

My mother-in-law Pat also helped a ton - don't know how I didn't get a picture of her, but she was here for three days.


So now you have the set-up - a bunch of women, all in turbo overdrive mode (except for me), for most of a week ... by the time we quit on Friday, Greg was able to downgrade the 26 foot U-Haul he'd reserved to a 14-footer!! We were covered with bruises, exhausted, but had a blast.


Did I mention exhausted? I was having a little blood pressure issue by the end of the week but it's all good now. :)


This was Lexi's contribution to the unpacking - helpful AND useful, don't you think?

Seriously, what an incredible blessing it was to have all these dear friends and family helping - we had tons more help Friday night and Saturday - it was the easiest move I've ever made!

We are pretty well settled in - yesterday we finished up the garage and Greg installed a new dishwasher for me. I am so excited about this dishwasher - goofy, I know, but really - you don't even have the rinse the dishes at all because it has a "hard food disposer", I can wash just the top rack (handy for the days when I have the kids or if we eat out). OK enough of the commercial, but as you can tell I am very happy about the dishwasher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was really relieved you didn't have a picture of me!
I know who I want for my moving crew now! They were absolutely amazing and generous. Fun too!