Friday, September 29, 2006

Wasted week

Literally. I'm not kidding. My back went out Tuesday morning, and I have been in a drug-induced haze, going from one nap to the next in my recliner, sitting on either a cornbag or an ice bag, ever since. The good news is I'm feeling better this morning, so I'm hopeful for the weekend.

Took a "short" walk with Lexi recently - although since she was walking instead of riding in the stroller there was nothing short about it. She'd run four steps, zoom off into the grass to pick a dandelion (she likes both the yellow ones and the "white ones"), then run a few more steps - after we both had as many dandelions, alive and dead, as she thought we needed, she said, "It's time to run Nini." So we ran. And ran. And ran. We stopped and she looked at her "white" dandelions, and cried, "What HAPPENED to my flowers?!" Of course the wind had blown the seeds away, so all that was left were these droopy little stubby stems. She was very sad. For a minute. Then it was time to run again. So we ran. (Is this reminiscent of Forrest Gump? I just had a flashback to that movie.) When she stopped, she was panting, and she said, "Lexi's tired, it's time to slow down. The light is yellow." Cracked me up! The rest of the walk was more of the same, she walked backwards for awhile, skipped for awhile, long story short, it took 30 minutes to walk a block and a half. I might consider the stroller next time.

Hmmm ... no new pictures of the kids so here's a few of the house. I know, not very exciting, but I wanted to prove that we removed the worst of the offenders!


The wallpaper wall! We also painted one wall in the living room this same green.


The floor in the dining area now - it was carpet but we replaced it with this parquet. Better to spill stuff on.


And the chandelier replacement! Although I must say I'm having a hard time parting with the chandelier ... it's still in my garage, I'm waiting for an inspiration for how best to use it. :) I know it will involve Brenda somehow ...


And, last but not least, this lovely pumpkin that was left behind for us by the previous owners. Don't even ask me why I took a picture of this, I have no idea.

No comments: