Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Frozen pea salad

Sorry B.J. - this is really good and I have to post it! We grilled a bunch of meat last night (it was beautiful here yesterday!) and put most of it in the freezer to pull out for easy meals and Greg's lunches. I made this little salad to go with what we ate for dinner - I halved it for the two of us so I would say this recipe serves four easily.

8 slices bacon
1- 10 oz bag frozen green peas, thawed and drained
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped green onions (I used purple, didn't have green)
2/3 c sour cream
1 c chopped cashews
salt and pepper to taste

Cook and crumble bacon; set aside. Combine peas, celery, onion, sour cream and salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix. Just before serving, stir in cashews and bacon.

Yummy easy crunchy salad!

Went to the cardiologist today and my blood pressure was so good she told me to cut my medication in half and see what happens - no nasty side effects any more either!! Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!! Great news about your blood pressure. I am so happy for you. :) God is soooooo good!!!!!The pea salad sounds good. I'll have to add to all my "little Angie add in's" for my recipes. :)