Friday, November 03, 2006

Halloween hangover

I got to watch the babies the morning after Halloween -Christa had a doctor's appointment so I had to be there at 7:20 a.m. -
this is pretty much what I dealt with until she got home at about 10:00 a.m. To her credit, mommy set the ground rules -

one piece of candy after breakfast. Good thing, because I knew how to respond all 97 times when Lexi said "But Mommy said I could have more candy."

The funniest thing all day, though, (besides Kirk and Brenda's wedding video) was when Lexi announced that she had to go potty. I took her in there, thinking she was going to pee, and she started straining and talking at the same time: "I get caaaaaaaaaaaaaaannndy (grunt) if I poooooooooooooooooooooop (grunt)." This is a much better visual story than word story but it'll have to do because I couldn't resist. Happy ending: she definitely pooped, and Mommy was home by then and she did get more candy. All's well that ends well, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Set up a video and lets learn how to square dance.:)

Angie Clayton said...

I think that would be a nightmare. Love ya Kirk!!

Anonymous said...

It's always a good laugh though. :)