Tuesday, June 27, 2006

25 year high school reunion

Last weekend was my 25 year reunion. Man if that doesn't make you feel old!! My friend Kendra pretty much organized the whole thing, and she did a great job. Since our classes were so small (65 in my graduating class) the reunion was for two years, the classes of '81 and '82. That was neat because there were several people I went to grade school with that I got to see.

The only problem was she was so busy with everything I hardly got to talk to her! But we're trying to figure out how to get together, and in the meantime e-mail is a wonderful thing. Here she is at the end of the last night's events, finally able to relax! (This picture doesn't do her justice - she's beautiful! - but it's the only one I got of her.)
Left to right: Julie, Angie (duh), Darlynn. These two were also very good friends "back in the day" but I had completely lost touch with them. It turns out they live two houses away from each other in Kearney (about an hour from Hastings), which even they just discovered recently! Anyway Greg and I stayed with Julie and her family, and the three of us girls had lots of time to just hang out, drink coffee and catch up on each other's lives. It was so cool to be completely comfortable even though so many years had gone by, and our husbands all got along famously.

This is Rita (left) and Anita - although I didn't know Rita that well in high school I really enjoyed talking to her this weekend! Anita and I were good friends and have sort of stayed in touch, but not well enough, we decided. She lives in Salina, so hopefully we'll make good on our plans to visit each other!

This is Kathy and her husband - she and I went all the way through grade school together. Now, there were only six people in my little country school class, and only three girls. Denise was the other one - I got to see her Friday night but unfortunately didn't get a picture. The three of us were, as you might guess, great friends and at times great enemies all the way through grade school!! Seems like only two of us were ever getting along at any one time! I loved talking to her and finding out we had so much in common, especially in our hearts for hurting kids. Very cool.

Well that's enough. All in all it was a great weekend, and I am so glad I went. Now I am determined to stay in touch with some of these wonderful people, Lord willing!!

No comments: