Monday, June 05, 2006

Kid speak

A couple of cute pictures from the weekend - Lexi getting sprayed by Papa, and a good one of Mason (to offset the one last week where he looks like a total do-do). Love the drool line all the way down to his chest!




Some Lexi-isms from the weekend:

* WHERE are we GOING??
* WHAT are you DOING??
Interchangeable, and usually repeated a dozen times, getting progressively louder, regardless of whether you answered the previous question or not!

* What time is it??
Now tell me, exactly why would a 2 year old want to know this, and what will she do with the information once she gets it?

* Havin' a little trouble with that, aren'cha Papa!?
Said as Greg was trying to strap her into her carseat, with no help from her wiggling butt.

* [a song] Jesus loves the little children, all the little children of the world, up in a tree, with a banana, the whole world's up in a tree, with a banana, all the children are up in a tree ... etc. etc.

* To me, when she got here this morning: "Nini you got bed-head." (I did.)

* To all dead bugs: "Oh, he's sleeping ... I want to wake him up and play with him ... I wike [like] him ... no I WUB [love] him!!"

I could go on but those are the ones off the top of my head this morning ... oh here's a good one:

* To Papa, on the phone: "You're a TURD!!" [Christa, you need to watch your mouth girl!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes....Psa 8:2 and Matt 21:16!!!!!!! There is nothin' better than hearing kids language and they certainly have their own! They are so blessed to have you both in their lives.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»