Thursday, June 29, 2006

Oh deer!

Just since I got up this morning, I've seen the following in my front yard:

- A deer, staring me down and stomping his foot at me
- Two HUGE crows screaming at each other and flying at each other - some fight!
- A big fat possum scrambling up a tree - very funny!
- A mama and baby skunk scurrying across the meadow.

Sadly I was too far away from the possum to get a picture, and, well, I'm just smarter than to try to get close to those cute little skunks.

We have tons of deer down here, but the last couple of days they have been much less "skittish" than usual - this first one would NOT get from in front of my car in the driveway! So I fixed him, I took his picture!


This guy (maybe the same one, who knows) is boldly eating everything he can get to in our garden. :( This may be a "test year" for the garden, unfortunately.
I was able to get really close to him in these last two, but unfortunately it was starting to get dark and the tree cover made it even darker so the pictures aren't so great - those eyes are kinda scary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would say the eyes are past a little scary, and borderline crepy...

-BJ

Anonymous said...

Do you just carry that camera around with you everywhere? I take mine everywhere I drive, but that's just because I keep forgetting to get it out of the car from my last trip!

Angie Clayton said...

Pretty much - never know when there might be that "perfect" grandbaby shot! :)