Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cars, bruises and kisses

Last night we took Lexi to see the movie "Cars" - she was SO GOOD! She ate a whole bag of popcorn, then sat sucking her thumb rubbing her nose with her blankie the rest of the time, in between giving each of us big delighted grins, like she couldn't believe this was really happening to her. What fun we had! (The movie was cute too!) On the way through the parking lot after the movie, she said, "Those cars are all sleepin', they're not talkin' right now." Hopefully she understood and accepted my explanation that only the cars in the MOVIE could talk.

Tuesday night at training, I bumped my leg getting into my seat, and must have hit an artery because I got an immediate, spectacular hematoma. Here it is, five days later, and I still have the most impressive bruise of my life. It's actually sort of embarrassing ...





In the "how to think like a two-year-old" corner, I found this on the dresser in the spare bedroom earlier this week.



At first I was baffled, but as I got closer, I not only figured out what it was, but noticed just how close the playpen was to the desk drawer. Aha! Put that together with the fact that Lexi spent the night recently, and that she sometimes messes around before she goes to sleep ...



And I solved the mystery. She got into the top drawer, found some leftover Christmas candy that B.J. (aka Brandon) left behind (hopefully it was just from last Christmas!), and helped herself to a bite, tinfoil and all. Apparently it didn't agree with her, since she left the other half for me to discover. So she got a little extra ... iron? ... in her diet this week. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that is a nasty bruise! I have one worse than that I got two weeks ago.
That piece of candy is the weirdest thing to try and figure out what it is if you don't know what it is already. It must not have tasted very good or you never would have known she ate it at all.Did she have a little foil in her brithes the next day?

Angie Clayton said...

Yeah, I'm guessing she had a little glitter in her diaper for someone to behold! :)