Sunday, June 18, 2006

Storing for later

We had the kids for a few hours yesterday while Christa worked and J played golf - as usual we had a delightful time. Mason was captivated with a box of blocks, and an empty tub - he transferred them back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Ah, to be that easily entertained! When we were cleaning up, I noticed most of the long skinny blocks were missing, and I asked Lexi where they were ... I got this grin in response ...



And then she lifted up her shirt - ta dah! "I'm savin' dese for later!" was her explanation. Brenda, I'm concerned about what Kevin has been teaching her ...



Greg is sick today - sore throat, stuffy head and chest, little fever, generally feeling rotten. Not a very happy way to spend Father's Day.

I went to the women's ministry team retreat overnight Friday night and had a fabulous time - I was nervous going because I didn't know anyone very well, but God answered my prayers and I felt very welcomed and comfortable, and really had a chance to connect with some sisters I hadn't talked to much before. We accomplished much - planning for the next year - and I believe God has led all of us to begin reaching out to those outside of our normal "circles", perhaps even outside of our comfort zone, to make all feel welcome and loved at Westbrooke. I'm excited to see how it plays out. We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast called "The Pickering House" in Olathe - it's an old Victorian. The owners are believers and were so gracious and kind - and the food was AWESOME! Anyone looking for a local getaway should consider The Pickering House.

Next week I'm helping Greg lay some flooring for a client, so I may not post much - then off to my 25-year class reunion in Hastings, Nebraska, for the weekend! Again, I am fearful but excited at the same time - our small class (65 of us) is combining with another class, so it should be great fun to catch up and remember days gone by!

No comments: