Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How to drive a cat over the edge ...

Greg recently bought a laser light for his own pleasure and to torture the cat. This fairly laid back cat has turned into a FREAK whenever Greg's around, climbing the cabinet where the laser light is stored, literally screeching at him from the moment he gets home until he gets it out to "play" with her. I really think she's on the verge of going nuts (or driving ME nuts, one or the other) ... is there such a thing as kitty therapy?

So here's a video sampling of him playing with her. Get a good visual of that light ... there's more to the story ...



She's a good jumper huh? Anyone know of contests she could be entered in, especially if I could mail her there?

Fast forward to Christmas morning. Greg's and my first Christmas morning home alone ... we decided to memorialize it by getting a picture of us sitting in front of our fireplace. So I set the timer ... ran to sit down by Greg ... the timer light (a LITTLE RED DOT) started flashing ...



... and out of nowhere the cat jumped the coffee table, ran up the couch, attacked the red light, and FLASH, Merry Christmas! Don't we look great?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That video is hilarious. Reminds me of Max. Remember Mitch torturing him with the laser light? Happy New Year you two. Were you out last night? I put pictures on facebook last night and realized I was completely the only one logged in to facebook of my friends anyway. Does that tell you I am old? Oh well! I'm young where it counts!
Love you,
Mom

Angie Clayton said...

This definitely reminds me of Max - Billie Bob doesn't smash her face into the floor like he did, but she does ram herself into cabinets, fall off furniture, etc. while in the throes of the chase. Definitely not the brightest cat we've ever had, but Greg's entertained ...