Monday, December 15, 2008

This is more like it ...

So, today is the first day of the new week, the week that will NOT be a repeat of last week. I went over to Christa's for our regular Monday homeschooling session, the last load of laundry is in the dryer, and two grandkids are asleep (I think) in my upstairs bedrooms. I brought them home with me to play after school ... Papa came home for lunch to a surprise of a big mess and happy kids. He wound them up like all good Papas do, and then went back to work ... at nap time no less. :) We've had a great day though - lots of "art" (Lexi's favorite), lots of Mason walking around saying in a growling monotone voice "I AM A ROBOT" (he got a robot toy at the Clayton Christmas gathering last night and it has obviously had a profound effect on him), a 100-piece puzzle that took all three of us to complete, and only caused 2 or 3 serious fights (no blood drawn, thankfully).

Dinner is planned, e-mails are caught up ... relief. But it's interesting, isn't it, that my day is just as full as last week's days, but it feels wonderful and energizing instead of draining? Hmmm ... that balance thing ... that priority thing ... God is good to keep teaching me these lessons over and over.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one that has trouble with children puzzles. :)