Monday, December 01, 2008

It's "Not Me!" Monday!!



OK, here we go. I love all the hilarious little kid stories on the other NMM posts - glad I never have to resort to using my own foolishness as fodder for this post ...

And I'm REALLY glad I didn't lose my balance to the point of sprawling on the floor like a winning clip out of America's Funniest Home Videos while trying to get something out of the freezer the other day ...

And after my 4-yo granddaughter told me she changed her mind about who gets to go first (I NEVER cared, still don't, about going first, don't care about winning games either), I definitely gave the exact right answer she suddenly asked, "What's mind?" ...

and I definitely DIDN'T tell her "it's when you obey your Nini" instead of explaining it in the context of her question ...

And of course I didn't eat so much last Thursday that one more bite might have sent me running for the ... well you know.

I certainly did NOT laugh when Callie Anne (15 mo) discovered her "scream" ... you know, that nothing-is-wrong-with-me, I'm not hungry, I'm not poopy, I'm not tired, HEY-this-sounds-really-cool scream?

Oh this is a good one... my husband did NOT tell me I needed to go get my hearing checked, and NO WAY did he really mean it!

I didn't even smirk when Mason (3 yo) stuck the straw of his cup between the NOT big gap between his front teeth, cup attached, and said "Wook at dis!! My straw fits in my teef!" Not even a ghost of a smile, not me.

Oh, and I KNOW it wasn't me that wore one brown and one blue sock to CHURCH YESTERDAY!

And finally, I certainly didn't deliberately leave Callie Anne with a stinky diaper for her mommy to deal with after I watched kids the other day ... that would be so mean. (And of course she's NEVER done it to me.)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Oh I so love the sock thing. I wore blue hose and black shoes once and my friend wore one blue shoe and one black one to work. My mother ALWAYS had my dad check her feet on Sundays when I was little to make sure she wasn't in slippers.