Thursday, December 04, 2008

Moving along ...


Now I feel the urgent need to replace my pitiful plea for Twitter help with a new post ... no pride issues here, no not me! I did sort of figure it out (thanks Clif!), except for the part about how to find people to follow, but at least I have the big picture. In fact, as I've messed around with it (for an HOUR already this morning) I'm wondering if this will just be something else for me to obsess on ...

Hmmm.

I'm taking Lexi shopping today to find gifts for her little 'angel tree' girl - she is very excited about getting presents for "a little girl who maybe doesn't even have everything she NEEDS!" This was was a great conversation about wants vs. needs - at 4 1/2 she gets that pretty well but that 'ole sin nature rears its ugly head in 4 year olds just like it does in us! I've noticed her longing for the things she sees in magazines, on commercials, etc. for the last few months - a phenomenon that makes me sad. No matter how well her mommy and daddy have tried to protect her from these types of outside influences, this cultural climate just seeps in, even into our littles. So it was good timing to have a chance to go shop for someone else and I'm looking forward to that part.

But that means I have to go to Walmart. In December. And I pretty much have a rule against that. Yeesh. I suppose I'll survive ... I'll let you know.

No comments: