Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chilly lazy day

Today it feels like Fall!! The leaves are turning, the temp was in the 50's for a high, nippy and cloudy. I'm not looking forward to cold weather, but I AM looking forward to cold weather cooking!

This afternoon, Christa and the kids came over and we fixed chicken and noodles and made some French bread, enough for both households. I had her make the chicken and noodles while I "instructed" because this is one of those things that's just in my head, not written down anywhere, and if I tried to tell her how to make it, it would never come out the same. She did a great job - it was yummy!!

B.J. called earlier for my Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe - he is cooking for the people he lives with, the Jamisons (and probably Darah?), tonight. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he's done that on a Wednesday night - I love it!! Last week he made chicken fried rice.

I took Lexi potty this afternoon, and was trying to get her put back together in the right order ... panties, onesie, THEN jeans ... and when I started to snap her onesie she objected loudly - "NO NOT MY ONESIE!!! THEN I CAN'T SEE MY BELLY BUTTON!" Uh, too bad?? Because the onesie is the only thing that keeps the rest of us from seeing her BUTT CRACK all the time!!

Greg is done with the big basement finish project he's been working on for 10+ weeks - it turned out beautifully!! And he finished a bit ahead of schedule, which means he's had an easy couple of days - he really needed some down time! He starts a bathroom remodel next week, then on to another basement finish that will keep him busy until after the new year. We are so thankful for the way God continues to provide for us - He is definitely due all the credit. It's crazy the way Greg's phone doesn't ring when he's too busy to take on more work, then starts ringing the minute his head is above water again - it's happened WAY too many times to think it can be anything but the Lord ordering our days.

Well no pictures this time ... just felt like having a ramble. Off to chill with my husband for the rest of the night. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good lazy day to stay home and get mindless things done. I did the all time favorite of putting away the summer clothes and bringing out the winter clothes. Also, what is a day like this For without a good nap.I'm glad to hear that Greg had a couple of days to relax.It sounds like he won't get a chance to do that again with the way his jobs are lined up... GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!
Love YA!

Brandon said...

So how was it...?

you know, "chilling with your husband"

=)

Angie Clayton said...

It was good - do you want details?

Brandon said...

gross.... no!

i forgot you two were gangsta's, that is all

Angie Clayton said...

Hee hee - knew I could get that response out of you! You're so easy.

Actually, we ordered new business cards for him and played Phase 10. Is that what gansta's do? :)

Brandon said...

well i am not sure what gansta's do, but i don't think ganGsta's play phase 10... or have business cards...

Angie Clayton said...

I KNOW you didn't just get onto me about my spelling ... look out now! It's on!