Friday, October 06, 2006

When the attention span and the intellect collide ...

See's Christa's blog (link on the right) - she and Lexi have started what I call "baby homeschooling" this week. It takes about 20 minutes a day, tops. They were over here one day this week when they did "school" and I got some video - notice what Lexi's two-year-old body is doing while her freaky scary smart mind is "reading" these words! Amusing.



And, I don't think art is going to be her gift:



And the way she works mommy at the end of this one to get out of counting any more ... or maybe the way mommy works her to get her to pick up the chips? I'm not sure who has the upper hand most of the time with these two!! She's a little fixated on the number sixteen ....



And there you have it. They do a devotion together also, which I didn't record, but otherwise that's her whole school day! :)

The other day I told her it was time to get in the van (we were going from her house to mine) and she said, "Let's walk!" I told her we couldn't because we had the van, and she said, "FINE! Then I will just walk in my imagination!!" Made me laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the videos. She is doing such a great job. I think it's great that christa is starting her already. I was very proud of christa too with her counting in the last video. :)