Saturday, October 07, 2006

Old Business

I realized today that I haven't updated this thing on several issues, so thought I'd do some "clean up" work while I have a few minutes.

First, Greg: He did indeed see a cardiologist the week after we got home from our trip, and those of you who have had to do a stress test will appreciate this - they had him on the level four incline and he had to run to get his heart rate above 120!! Gee whiz. I guess he's in pretty good shape. Anyway, the test came out well, he did have a few missed heartbeats but the doc said unless he starts having problems with dizziness/fainting it's nothing to worry about. Good news.

Second, the kitty: Thanks for all the great suggestions, it was hard to pass on Precious Little Angel Muffin Kitty, but we decided to go with Kiki for now. We brought her home the same day (Tuesday) that Terran and Kiki's adoptions were finalized, in their "forever homes." It was a little bit of a sad day for me, but a very joyful one at the same time as we know both kids are where they belong, and it turned out that we were just a pit stop on the way for them.

Finally, my fat feet: My feet kept swelling, so my regular doc sent me to the cardiologist, who did a doppler on my legs and a stress test. Believe me, I did not have to go running to level 4 to get my heart rate up, in fact I think she only raised it once and I walked the whole time. :) Anyway, the stress test was good, the cardiologist figured out that my symptoms were all side effects of the two blood pressure medications I was taking, so she took me off both and replaced them with something else. I've lost seven pounds since then!! I have bones in my feet again!! WHOOPEE!!!!!!! I go back in a month for a follow up but it seems as if the mystery has been solved.

OK that's it ... unless you can think of anything else I've left hanging!

No comments: