Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 18th anniversary! We didn't have much planned, and it was a good thing, since we ended up spending three hours in the ER. :( My feet and ankles have been swelling to ginormous proportions the last few days - to the point of being bruised on top of my feet because they were so swollen the capillaries at the surface broke. Pretty, let me tell you. On the advice of a nurse friend, I called my doc, who sent me to the emergency room. Happy Anniversary honey!! I got you a REALLY EXPENSIVE present! They ran a bunch of tests and ruled out the life-threatening stuff, and basically ended up saying they didn't know what was causing it, but since death wasn't imminent I could go home and follow up with my regular doctor if it keeps happening. Banner day. Once again, can I plan an event or what!!

I did actually get Greg a good present - here's a picture of her:


We haven't named her yet and don't actually have her home - she's getting spayed and declawed today and then we'll pick her up tomorrow. We got her from the shelter - B.J.'s reaction was less than stellar: "WHAT????????? That's the worst present ever!! You got him what YOU wanted! [Not true, Greg was very happy.] What's the deal with you guys getting USED pets anyway??" He claims to be scarred for life because all our pets have come from shelters, and according to him were all defective some way or another (Bubba). Here we thought we were doing a good thing by rescuing animals. Go figure.

A couple of cute ones of Lexi while we were out running errands Saturday ...




She is the ultimate whiner right now ... goes with the age, I know, but I spent all Saturday morning trying to help her understand what whining is so when I tell her to STOP WHINING she'll know what I mean! How do you think that went?! I do adore that child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn used pets...

Anonymous said...

How does "Ebony" sound for a black cats name?