Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hello?


My phone rings.

Me: "Hello?"
Lexi: "Hello Nini!!"
Me: "Hi Lexi! What are you doing?"

-- Faint male voice in the background at the Kuchta house says 'Lexi, who are you talking to?'

Lexi: "I'm getting ready to eat lunch!"

-- 'Lexi? Are you on the phone?'

Me: "Really! I'm eating lunch too!"

-- 'Lexi? Who did you call?'

Lexi: "It's jus' Nini, Daddy! Nini, do you want to talk to Mason?"
Me: "Sure, if he has pants on!"

-- 'Give me the phone.'

Daddy: "Hello?"
Me: "Hi J, what's up?"
Daddy: "Did Lexi just call you?"
Me: "Yep."
Daddy (a bit perplexed): "Does she do that a lot?"
Me (laughing inside): "Yep. Usually just when she's home with you though."
Daddy: "Oh. Sorry?"
Me: "Don't be ... it's my pleasure."

And it is.

I know you're probably tired of these phone stories but this little twist was too good to pass up!!

No comments: