Thursday, November 13, 2008

Latest call from Lexi...

Well it seems Lexi is quite enamored with calling me! Every night when I'm cooking dinner the phone rings, and I've stopped answering it "Hey there!" (expecting it to be Christa), and just saying hello, so I can hear the sweet "Nini? It's LEXI!" on the other end. Nothing of substance happens in the phone calls ... what are you doing ... playing with Legos ... what is Callie doing ... feeding Tink (the stinky chihuahua) goldfish ... etc.

Last night's exception, however, was when she asked me if I wanted to talk to Mason. Now, normally, Mason declines politely (mostly) when asked if he wants to talk to me on the phone - he's too busy busy busy to be bothered. But for once, I heard him say "YEAH!" Lexi's reply: "Well too bad, Mason, you can't talk to Nini because YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PANTS ON!"



Busy, beautiful, delightful life they are living.

P.S. Although he definitely was sans pants as Lexi reported, he did wiggle into them and talk to me for a minute. So I might have even helped out mommy with one tiny little battle. And I know, I know he has pants on in this picture and it was taken this summer, but it's the closest to naked I could find.

1 comment:

Anita J. said...

Those are some sweet times! And she feels so grown up, doesn't she?